What is the cancellation policy?
Your reservation is covered under our Flexible Cancellation Program based upon the following factors:
– Reservations made after June 26, 2020 and occurring after Aug 1, 2020 are eligible.
– Cancellation notice must be received between 60 and 2 days of your check-in date. For example, cancellations made 1 day prior to or the day of check-in will not be eligible for a refund- Cancellation notice must be made in writing via email.
– Scheduled Deposit and Payments must have been paid in full prior to cancellation.
– The maximum trip cost reimbursement is $25,000 USD. Bookings with trip costs over $25,000 USD will need to purchase optional travel protection for coverage benefits. Ask your AHA rep for more information about the options we offer.
– Excluded items from the refund are the Damage Waiver Fee and any additional travel protection fees purchased by the guest.
– Refund payments for canceled bookings 60 days up to and including 2 days before the check-in date will be released back to the canceling guest on or within 7 days of the original check-out date.
– For Reservations booked before June 20th 2020 and occurring before Aug 1st 2020 OR Cancellations or changes by LICENSEE that result in a shortened stay made prior to 60 days or after 2 days prior to check-in forfeit all received payments unless the Property is re-booked for the same time period and at the same rate as the initial booking. If a portion of the license period is re-booked a pro-rata refund will be made. All refunds, whether in whole or pro-rata, will be subject to a $350 Cancellation or Re-booking Fee that will be deducted from the refund amount. The Damage Waiver Fee, Processing Fee, and any additional travel protection fees purchased by the guest are non-refundable. Cancellation or early departure does not warrant any refund of any License Fee unless canceled between 60 and 2 days of your check-in date. To protect against monetary losses from cancellations, AHA recommends that LICENSEE purchase, at LICENSEE’s expense Vacation Rental Protection Insurance which covers losses due to trip cancellation or interruption, medical emergency or damage to the Property precluding use/occupancy. please see https://athomeannapolis.rentalguardian.com/available-products.html for more information or ask your AHA Reservation Specialist at the time of booking.
– In the event of a Cancellation by the OWNER(S), LICENSEE is due a full refund of all paid Deposits and Fees within 30 days of the written cancellation notice.
Any date changes to executed Agreements will be charged a $350 Change Fee prior to approving the changes and regenerating a revised Agreement. Commissioning Week date changes are not permitted past January 15th of the year of the stay.
Is there a Security Deposit?
Accidents do happen, so to protect our guests as well as the property owner, we have an accidental damage protection fee. It is a $79 flat rate, non-refundable fee for the Peace of Mind Protection Plan. This damage waiver protection will cover up to $3,000 of accidental damage. All you do is report any accidental damage to AHA when it happens. Any damage not reported or considered willful will be charged to the guest. Damages must be reported by the Licensee during the stay. If a Security Deposit has been collected, the security deposit will be held by AHA and processed within thirty (30) days after inspection minus any damages provided the property is left undamaged, excessive cleaning is not required and ALL provisions of the Agreement are fully met. The typical Reservation/Security Deposit held is $500. Commissioning Week Reservation/Security Deposits are $2500.
How much do I pay upon booking?
The Reservation/Security Deposit and Advance payment equal to 50% of the Total License Fees is required at time of booking. The balance is due 4 months prior to check in.
What do I do & when do I pay the Final Balance?
We do it all! 120 Days (4 months) prior to your arrival, we will charge the credit/debit card on file the remaining balance on your reservation, you will also receive an emailed receipt of the monies paid for your records.
What types of payments do you take?
We accept American Express, Visa, Mastercard and Discover credit cards.
Do you have wedding/event venues?
Do to liability issues, city/county ordinances and/or HOA guidelines, events over 25 invited guests are discouraged and in some cases not permitted at all.
You may have people over. However, the number of guests cannot exceed 25. The systems including HVAC, pools, spas, parking and sewage systems are not set up to handle any large groups over the max occupants. Along with being considerate to the neighbors and community guidelines, these homes were built particularly for the normal occupancy of the home.
For USNA Commissioning Week, some homeowners will allow events with over 25 invitees but ONLY with written permission and a signed Event Waiver. Only pre-qualified catering firms & vendors will be permitted, parking restrictions must be adhered to, live music is not at all permitted and alternate toileting solutions may be necessary. Tents & volleyball nets (or similar) must be pre-approved on the addendum/waiver. The Owners reserve the right to retain the security deposit and/or terminate the Agreement resulting in immediate eviction if any unapproved parties or events occur on the Property.
We do NOT, ever, rent homes as wedding venues or 1 day pool party venues.
What time is check in / check out?
Check in is typically at 3 pm and check out is typically at 10 am. These times do differ depending upon the home rented so please refer to your Agreement or Welcome email for exact times.
Can I schedule a Late Check Out?
The only way to guarantee a late check out is to purchase an extra night. Your second option, is to contact us before your arrival to see if a late check out is available. If we can accommodate you, it will be a half nights rent. This option is only valid if our Inspectors, Cleaners and Maintenance Department provide clearance and if there is no arrival the following day.
Can I schedule an Early Check In?
Due to scheduled cleaning and maintenance we cannot offer early check-ins. Unlike a hotel, that has multiple rooms that are identical and can be substituted for each other, we only have one unique property to provide you. To insure we provide you with this unique property in the condition you deserve, we often are working right up to the check in time.
Can I mail something to my vacation rental?
Yes and No. Most of these homes have USPS mail forwarded to wherever the owner may be, which means your mail will also be forwarded to the owner. UPS and FedEx are usually good options. Check with your At Home – Annapolis representative regarding mailing options before sending.
Does my rental come with pool towels/toys, boats, kayaks, paddle boards, etc.?
We provide one beach towel per guest for homes with pools or hot tubs. Any pool toys/floats/etc. that may be at the property were probably left by previous guests. At your own risk, you are welcome to use these items if present, but we do not guarantee any such items, nor are we responsible for the condition of the items left.
Boats, kayaks or paddle boards that are on the property belong to the homeowner and are NOT for guest use. Please do not climb on or touch any boats or equipment.
You are welcome to bring your own boat or water toys. Or we can guide you to great companies that rent. Please make sure to have your own lines, fenders and life jackets. The Owner nor AHA are not responsible for damage or loss. Use of the docks is At Your Own Risk. Visit https://rentaha.com/boat-water-toy-rentals/ for some of our favorite rental vendors.
Does my rental have baby supplies?
No. We feel you deserve the latest, sanitized, up to date and recall covered products for your baby. So, we suggest connecting with a few local vendors for all your baby needs while on vacation.
What is provided with the rental property? Do I need to bring bed linens and towels?
About two weeks prior to check-in, you will receive a “Welcome Sheet” with all of the important info you will need to know about the home: Door Access Codes, Internet Access, Parking, Kitchen notes and much more. You will also receive the name and contact information of your ASSIGNED At Home Annapolis Host who will be your primary resource before and during your stay.
Lovely bed linens, bath towels, and pool/beach towels (if applicable) are provided for your stay. You will have a starter supply of paper towels (1/2 rolls), toilet paper (2 rolls per bathroom), trash bags, dish & dish washer detergent, laundry basics and hotel size soaps/shampoos. Depending upon your length of stay, you may need to purchase additional supplies. See your Welcome Packet for a detailed listing of the home’s contents.
For more information about Activities and fun in Annapolis and on the Chesapeake Bay click the ANNAPOLIS GUIDE tab on our home page or call your At Home Annapolis Host, we are here to make sure you have the very best possible experience!